I'm confident with
I care about
Databases I can use are
I'm familiar or worked with
I'm used to working using
January 2012 –
Worked on software development consultancy contracts through my own company, Stack Smasher Ltd. since the beginning of 2012.
June 2012 –
Written a bash script to automate performance tests.
November 2011 –
I had amazing fun during my month at Shazam. It was a privilege to be able take a look at what makes such a massive system like theirs tick and be able to contribute. I've worked on a small node.js project which was an exercise to find a good development, testing and deployment workflow.
Senior Open Standards Developer
December 2009 –
Back-end and front-end maintenance of the Now Playing website for Nokia using the WordPress platform.
Back-end development for the award winning Nike KitBuilder website using PHP and MySQL.
Prepared the Facebook campaign page for the Aero Irresistibubble Film Festival using FBML and FBJS.
Worked on the Goldman Sachs Website redesign.
Worked on the Burberry Body sample request App on Facebook.
August 2007 –
- Front-end development for multimap.com - AJAX driven rich Internet application with full cross browser support.
- Worked on two innovation ideas: embedded maps and local event maps. Prototyped and co-developed embedded maps and developed the front-end side of event maps.
May 2007 –
- Oracle 10g PL/SQL development on Vodafone’s billing system as a contractor while they were upgrading their systems for number portability support.
February 2007 –
- Developed SOAP based web services to be consumed by Adobe Flash interfaces using C# on Microsoft SQL server.
September 2005 –
- Participated in the development of a generic Java EE framework to be used in all Gantek projects using Struts, Hibernate and Apache Scaffold.
- Developed an AJAX framework on top of Prototype and Script.aculo.us to integrate with the back-end.
- Worked on setting the development environment and coding standards of the projects, and administration of the servers/services used by the development team.
- Maintained and extended a captive portal system to add IPv6 support and resolve OS X bugs. Developed with C on Linux.
February 2005 –
July 2004 –
- Participated in the development of a financial questionnaire plug-in for Expersoft’s PM/1 software on Java EE and Oracle. Also developed the help infrastructure for Finbase application using Lucene.